About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My impossible task

Things to do before June 19th...
  1. Jewelery party fundraiser May 1st
  2. Car wash fundraiser May 8th
  3. Send in team roster
  4. Send in team information forms
  5. Mail check to El Ayudante for team fees --> mailing it tomorrow
  6. Raise money to pay team fees
  7. Book hotel rooms for the final night --> booking rooms tomorrow
  8. Plan 3 days of Bible school for 20-150 kids
  9. Buy supplies for Bible school for 20-150 kids --> collecting donations and buying things this week
  10. Raise money to buy supplies for Bible school
  11. Get team in one piece to Leon, Nicaragua --> unable to complete until June 19th
  12. Complete items 1-11 while taking finals and studying abroad in London for 3 weeks
  13. Preferably stay sane while completely items 1-12 without driving friends and loved ones crazy --> questionable
Wow. That is all I know how to say right now. Wow. In my last post I was freaking out. Trying my best to keep my faith in God, but freaking out none the less. Suddenly, magically, miraculously, supernaturally, we have more than enough money for our ministry. We leave for Nicaragua in 10 days!

We always claim the truth in Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" and Luke 1:37, "For nothing is impossible with God." But we all, or at least I, have moments of doubt. We think things like, "I know you can do anything God, but are you really sure this is going to happen?" Isn't it amazing when God gives us the impossible to do. That's what this mission trip has been for me. The impossible task.

I was a twenty year old junior in college with a million things on my plate when God plopped this project in my lap. How could I ever lead a team of people older and wiser than I? How could I ever do everything that needed to be done to make this trip happen? How could I possibly raise SO much money? I couldn't. I can't. I never will. This has been something in my life that I know, beyond any doubt, would have been impossible if it had not been for my Holy Father.

Now here we are, 10 days away from our trip. And while I'm pretty sure I am in fact driving friends and loved ones crazy, I am so thankful to have them as my unfailing support. God is truly amazing. There are no words to describe His wonder.

We ARE GOING to Nicaragua!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment