About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet My Friend

God is just awesome. I love how I somehow managed to stumble upon Katie's blog over a year ago, and God began to tug at my heart. I love how months later I clicked through blog, after blog until I eventually found Visiting Orphans and am now going to Uganda. And I love how God has used those families I stumbled upon to feed my soul.

Like this precious family.


Meet the Maser's. I have never met Melissa in person, but she is an amazing woman of God. She has four precious kiddos already. She and her hubby are adopting another precious one from Ethiopia.

For my birthday Melissa shared a link about my trip to Uganda and donated to my journey. How awesome is she?! I love how despite the big cost of adoption, she is still giving freely. I am so excited to see how God continues to use Melissa and her family. And I just can't wait for them to get their referral and bring their little one home!

Melissa is having a giveaway over at her blog. I already have one of the glass bead necklaces, and they are BEAUTIFUL! Don't you want to win one? Or why not make a contribution to their adoption? The Maser's will need $8,000 when they get their referral.



God is AWESOME and WILL provide the funds they need. He called them to adoption and He will see it to completion, but wouldn't you love to be a part of their journey? Christianity is a community of believers. It's not a thing you do alone. We are all a part of the body, and it only works when we are fighting for and encouraging each other.

So what are you waiting for? Go support my sweet friend!

1 comment: