About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Revolution

For me, it is the orphan. That's what pulls my heart. The thing that I can no longer turn away from. The thing that I have to do something about. The thing I have to fight for.

The orphan crisis is what God has broken my heart for. According to latest UNICEF (2007) estimates there are 145 million orphans worldwide. An orphan is defined as a child who has lost one or both parents. It is estimated that approximately 15 million of those children have lost both parents. That number is growing daily. According to the CIA World Factbook, there are approximately 2,255,157,957 professing Christians in the world. That is 33.32% of the population. Now, I have never loved math, but 2 billion > 15 million.
When I read Matthew 25 and James 1:27, I have NO doubt that it is our responsibility to care for the broken. So what is the church doing? Why aren't we fighting? Why are there AT LEAST 15 million children without a family? Why are there children starved for food, water and love?
Yes, this is what God has broken my heart for. This is what makes me angry. This is what I will be a revolutionary for. This is what I cannot leave unchanged. I am determined to cause change, even if it's just for one. I will do SOMETHING.
I would love to recruit you all to this fight. I think it is appalling that we have allowed this to go unnoticed. But it's not just the orphan crisis...

According to recent estimates, there are 126 million child laborers engaged in hazardous work. 14 million adolescents age 14 to 19 give birth each year. 1.2 million children are trafficked worldwide every year. 250,000 children are currently serving as child soldiers. Of 1.39 million people involved in forced commercial sexual exploitation, 40 to 50% are children. 130 million women and girls have been subjected to female genital mutilation/cutting.

So, you see, there is NO EXCUSE. If you didn't know, now you know the numbers. There are plenty of other injustices in the world. There are so many people that are broken and crying out for help. There are so many things that need to be changed, need to be fought for. We have NO excuse.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 reads, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." You know the numbers; God has equipped you with EVERYTHING that you need. What will you fight for? What will you allow God to break your heart for? What will you be a revolutionary for?

It is my prayer that I never again become complacent. It is my prayer that God will continue to break my heart for the injustices in the world. I want to be the hands and feet. Will I fail? Certainly. Do I care? No. Because once you start a revolution, you don't stop fighting until the war is over. Why? Because when you are a part of God's army, you fight until He tells you otherwise.

I'll leave you with one final quote that I stole from the awesome lady behind eXile International, "Awareness without action is an empty breath to a dying man."

Don't turn away. Don't be still. Fight. Start a revolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment