About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Uganda, June 2-11

There have been lots of questions about what exactly I will be doing in Uganda. So here are the details as of now...

I will be traveling June 2-11 to Jinja, Uganda. The trip is being organized by the organization Visiting Orphans.

The vision of Visiting Orphans is:
*To enlist Church volunteers to visit orphanages so they may meet physical, emotional and spiritual needs of orphans.
*To develop relationships, provide comfort and to share the Gospel with orphans.
*To provide financial aid for child sponsorship, medical assistance and construction to improve the living conditions of orphans.
*To mobilize Christian churches to help orphans experience the blessing of family.

I will be traveling with a team of about 30 people. The team will be lead by the wonderful Kari Gibson and Michael Smalley.

Here is our team website.

While in Uganda, we will be working with:

The trip will cost approximately $3,000-$3,200 depending on the cost of flights. This does not include extra fees such as required vaccinations.

You can support me and my team in several ways:
*You can make a direct donation to my Paypal account.
*You can purchase one of my awesome t-shirts. There is a link to the right.
*You can purchase some yummy coffee.
*You can donate any unwanted items to a yard sale I will have in the spring.
*You can be my billboard. Tell your friends, family, enemies, whoever about our work in Uganda. Advertise on Facebook or Twitter.
*You can make a tax deductible donation through Visiting Orphans. Just be sure to select the June 2-11, Uganda trip. Select "yes" when asked, "Would you like to designate this donation to a specific team member?" Type "Amanda Smith" in the box provided.

Most importantly, remember to PRAY for my team over the coming months. I am so excited to see how God is going to use us!

No comments:

Post a Comment