About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This Christmas, Simply Love

There are 58 days until Christmas! Wow!

As I began to think about what gifts to give everyone this year, I decided I want to give with a purpose. I want to give gifts that instead of just being used for a month or so, will last a lifetime. I want to give gifts that make an impact.

I began to search for organizations and families that offer opportunities to give gifts that make a difference. While I know there are many, many more out there, I have made a list of the ones I found. Will you give with a purpose this year? Within the list below there are organizations that provide for and care for those in need. There are families raising money for their adoption. Most importantly there are people who are using their time and resources to simply love.

Of course you can still purchase your Simply Love Uganda shirt or Just Love Coffee to help fund my journey to Uganda!

I have made this super easy for you. Search through the categories to find just what you are looking for. Help a family bring their baby home. Help care for the orphan and the widow. Help society to forgive, but not forget about those in prison. Help put an end to human trafficking. Help make a difference this Christmas.

(If you are a fundraising family or an organization striving to make a difference, tell me the link to your blog or website and I will gladly add you!)

Apparel


Art



Christmas



Cookbooks



Jewelry



Totes and Bags







4 comments:

  1. At home, Providence Ministries will be providing Christmas gifts (toys for children), clothes, and food to the needy families in the North Georgia area. All donations and help improving the lives of the impoverished in the North Georgia area are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    I have three fundraising families (friends of mine)that I'd like to share with you...they all are members of the same small church-plant and adopting from Ethiopia. They are also all selling things be it hats, shirts, beads, and anything else they come up with from time to time throughout the journey.

    David and Erica Shubin at http://thisshubinclan.blogspot.com/

    Joe and Rachel Walser at
    http://walseradoptionadventures.blogspot.com/

    and Jon and Melissa Maser at
    http://delightinweaknesses.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for stopping by to enter my book giveaway...I've added you to the "hat" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have all 3 of them listed (and own shirts their shirts haha) Thank you for the adding me to the "hat" and for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete