About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Monday, May 30, 2011

Uganda Itinerary...It's time!

The wait is over! Tomorrow begins my journey to Uganda. I am so overwhelmed with emotions. I am excited for God to wreck me. I want to be broken. I know the coming days will be a whirlwind. I am sorry I haven't been very good about blogging lately. God has been teaching me more about waiting and resting in Him, something I am not always very good at.


Please be in prayer for my team over the next 13 days. I've copied our itinerary below so you can follow along with our trip. I'll try my best to update as I can. We're trusting God to open some crazy doors for us in Uganda. We are going to LOVE and love BIG! Thank you for all of the support. It is an understatement to say that I appreciate you. I would not be able to do this if you had not played your part in God's plan. Thank you!!




Tuesday May 31st, Day 1

Fly out of Atlanta for Dulles at 5:55 pm. Spend the night in Washington D.C.


Wednesday June 1st, Day 2

Meet at 6:30 a.m. for breakfast and depart for the airport. Entire team will fly out of the Dulles airport on Ethiopian airlines at 11:00 AM for Uganda.


Thursday June 2nd, Day 3

Arrive in Entebbe at 12:45 PM. Head to the Adonai hotel and check in. Exchange money, use internet. Rest some, devotions, dinner with the team.


Friday June 3rd, Day 4

Minister to children and teach VBS at children's prison #1.


Saturday June 4th, Day 5

Minister to children and teach VBS at children's prison #2. Three hour drive to Jinja to Canaan Childrenʼs Home. Dinner and time with the kids!


Sunday June 5th, Day 6

Walk to Amazima to work with the Karamajong children through Katie Davisʼ ministry. Walk back to Canaanʼs to minister to the children and have dinner.


Monday June 6th, Day 7

Spend the morning with the children at Canaanʼs and have lunch. Drive to Iganga with Pastor Isaac & minister to children through their feeding program & Bible clubs. Drive into town to visit the Source Cafe for coffee & internet and shopping.


Tuesday June 7th, Day 8

Breakfast at Canaanʼs Children Home. Spend the morning and afternoon with the children. Drive to Amani Baby Cottage to spend time with the babies from 4-6 PM, feed them dinner and put them to bed around 7 PM (get to rock some babies!!).


Wednesday June 8th, Day 9

Breakfast at Canaanʼs and say goodbye to the children. Depart for The Haven resort. Lunch with team & enjoy a day of relaxation & rejuvenation (horseback riding, fishing on the Nile...)


Thursday June 9th, Day 10

Depart by 9 am and drive 3 hours to Kampala. Spend the day with Pastor Samuel & the children of Return Ministries.


Friday June 10th, Day 11

Spend the day with Rebecca and the children at My Fatherʼs House and Royal Hope Academy. Dinner at Adonai, relax and team re-cap about the trip.


Saturday June 11th, Day 12

Depart at 11 AM for Entebbe. Arrive at the airport for check-in by 2 PM. Flight leaves at 5:15 PM for the States.


Sunday June 12th, Day 13

Arrive home in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment