About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's not about me

This past Saturday I had a date with this guy...


And he took me here...


And then this happened...


And he gave me this...


And let me tell you, I am so stinkin' excited I can barely contain it sometimes! I will get to say I do to him on September 24, 2011. Blessed does not seem like an adequate word to describe how I feel.

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinithians 10:31

But no matter what, Christ is our first love. Our relationship is not about us. I don't ever want it to be. I love my fiancé and am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him. Yet, it cannot be about us and our happiness, but about us finding our joy and strength in the Father. It's got to be about us running after Him. About us pouring our hearts at His feet and responding with obedience when He calls. It's got to be about us committing to each other by first committing to seek God.

Watch out. God called us to marriage for a reason, and he's got something so HUGE planned that we're going to rock this world.




1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting! Looks like it was a sweet story! You are SO right! If we both, husband and wife, always look up ~ to God! ~ then we will always be coming closer to another. Much like a triangle ~ with God at the top corner and husband and wife on the two corners below. The more we focus on our Lord, the closer our divine focus will bring us as husband and wife! (hope you can picture the point I am trying to make!) To MANY joyous years and blessings ahead! Together, YOU.WILL.ROCK.THIS.WORLD!

    ReplyDelete