About Amanda

I am a daughter of the living king seeking to follow Him in all I do. God has broken my heart for the orphans of this world. I am learning that my sole responsibility on earth is to love with complete abandon. Follow my journey as I continue to learn how to serve Him.

Read how my love story with God began...

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Junk Posse Necklace!!!

Ok so I know most of you reading my blog have no idea what I am talking about. I had never heard of Junk Posse either until a couple of months ago. But then I found these wonderful families who are in the process of adopting and they lead me to Junk Posse. Tracy is the woman behind Junk Posse. She creates wonderful pieces of jewelry that speak up for the orphan. You should definitely check our her store here. She has tons of pieces to choose from and each one supports a non-profit organization or adopting family. Right now 30% of every purchase that is not already designated to a family or organization, will help support the Shubin Family. Read their story here.

I had Tracy create a custom piece for me. Believe me when I say I have been counting down the days for it to arrive. Well it came today, and I absolutely LOVE it!!



The back square pendant has James 1:27 written on it, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." The front oval pendant has the word "LOVE".

I am so excited to wear this piece. I want it to be a reminder of my purpose over the coming months as I prepare to go to Uganda. May I always remember throughout every trial, that our greatest calling is simply to love.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I Love Love LOVE Your personalized piece! It's truly addicting jewelry! I love the custom stuff and yours is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for supporting us. We are so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my design blog! :) And I LOVE your piece from Junk Posse! She has designed a couple custom pieces for me and I LOVE her stuff!!

    I, too, am in love with Uganda and added myself as a follower to watch your journey unfold!

    Blessings~
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete